The Evergreen Line is three years away from opening but commuters now know what the six Tri-City stations will be called.
At a press conference Saturday morning at the Evergreen Line project office in Coquitlam, federal and provincial politicians got together to announce the new station names.
They are, from Lougheed Town Centre Station in Burnaby eastward:
• Burquitlam Station (on Clarke Road in Coquitlam);
• Moody Centre Station (next to the current PoMo West Coast Express station);
• Inlet Centre Station (at Ioco Road and Barnet Highway, near Thrifty Foods);
• Coquitlam Central Station (at the current West Coast Express station and bus loop at Barnet and Lougheed, across from Coquitlam Centre mall);
• Lincoln Station (on Pinetree Way at Lincoln Ave., in the northeast Coquitlam Centre parking lot);
• and Lafarge Lake-Douglas Station, which is the line's terminus (on Pinetree Way at Guildford Way, next to the Evergreen Cultural Centre).